Friday, January 12, 2018

Did I just ruin my entire PDF by deleting all the menu items? via /r/pdf


Did I just ruin my entire PDF by deleting all the menu items?

TIFU. So, here’s the story. I’ve made an 800 page PDF With 100-200 bookmarks. I like to add a menu item on my documents that zooms every bookmark click to the ‘fit to page’ view, because it with the particular use of this document.

However I wasn’t able to add the menu item like I usually do, because of some item that was already in some bookmark or other. This sometimes happen because the PDFs I make are based on external documents, and sometimes they will have their own configurations.

So here’s my blunder. I thought, what the heck, I’ll just delete them and substitute my own!

There I was, happy with hours of work finally done. And I get a call from one of the recipients the next day - THE BOOKMARKS AREN’T WORKING.

Oh gosh, I did it, didn’t I? I deleted them all. The bookmarks are still there, but they don’t link to anything.

Of course I have no back up, Windows isn’t offering any previous versions, I think I messed up.

Any guardian angels out there know a way to restore the bookmark linking, or will I have to do it all again?



Submitted January 11, 2018 at 11:51PM by lurkingpenguin
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/pdf/comments/7pvlrg/did_i_just_ruin_my_entire_pdf_by_deleting_all_the/?utm_source=ifttt

from Medical Release Form https://medicalreleaseform.tumblr.com/post/169613357396
via Medical release form
from Tumblr https://jeemiahmelville.tumblr.com/post/169613443447

No comments:

Post a Comment