Friday, April 20, 2018

[Request] Lightweight PDF tool that can run tasks for a non-programmer via /r/pdf


[Request] Lightweight PDF tool that can run tasks for a non-programmer

I have two specific tasks that involve manipulating PDF documents. I am able to achieve these tasks with PDFSAM and a javascript in Acrobat Pro, but I prefer to use Foxit PDF Editor to read my documents and do other basic editing tasks. So I want to have a lightweight program that can replace my specialized, but very limited, use of PDFSAM and Acrobat Pro.

The two specific tasks that I have mentioned are:

1) Merging documents with alternating pages (e.g. document1page1, document2page1, document1page2, document2page2, etc.)

2) Adding one blank page after each page in the document, using the existing page size.

As far as I am aware, Foxit PDF Editor does not allow javascript or any sort of scripting for that matter. I am also aware of the program pdftk, which is lightweight and seems to be extremely versatile, but I don’t know how to code. If it is possible to achieve the two above tasks with pdftk, can someone provide the neccessary scripts for it?



Submitted April 20, 2018 at 05:25AM by curiousgeorgeasks
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/pdf/comments/8dnyyt/request_lightweight_pdf_tool_that_can_run_tasks/?utm_source=ifttt

from Medical Release Form https://medicalreleaseform.tumblr.com/post/173128172006
via Medical release form
from Tumblr https://jeemiahmelville.tumblr.com/post/173128252252

No comments:

Post a Comment