Friday, December 22, 2017

How to create multi-page PDF from CSV file and template? via /r/pdf


How to create multi-page PDF from CSV file and template?

Hello everyone, I hope I finally found “the right sub”. Sorry if I ask question million times answered, I spent whole morning looking for suitable answer but could not find one :-(

What is the case? I do have couple hundred rows CSV file or Excel/txt one if that matters. I need to create PDF file according to some template - it’s specified how it should look, I do have “background” - where every row means new page in that PDF. Take it like a concert flyer where you change date and place and the rest remains the same. So I should end up with PDF that has 200+ pages that differs only in the text imported from table.

I do have access to Acrobat Pro, so I looked in that direction. I found a “guide” on adobe website - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2069492 - suggesting creation of a form from template and then importing the text file to it. It somewhat works, I can fill a row from my file, but problem is it can fill only one row at a time and I need to save every single page manually. I need it to be somehow automated, because there will be more CSVs to come. Importing the table every single time for 200+ rows is a) monotonous and exhausting and b) it might be faster to simply write it down instead of importing.

Is there any way to do this more elegant? In dream scenario I’d just pick the template, select the CSV and then magic and voila it’s done. It doesn’t need to be done in Acrobat Pro, I’d be glad for any solution. I’m just stuck in dead end. Thank you.



Submitted December 22, 2017 at 12:06AM by kurcatovium
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/pdf/comments/7lgkef/how_to_create_multipage_pdf_from_csv_file_and/?utm_source=ifttt

from Medical Release Form https://medicalreleaseform.tumblr.com/post/168817053636
via Medical release form
from Tumblr https://jeemiahmelville.tumblr.com/post/168817163037

No comments:

Post a Comment